Sunday 11 December 2011

Two non-Christmassy cards

And final post for today... two non-Christmassy cards. I am so pleased with how both of them have turned out.

The first I've entered into the "Anything but Christmas" challenge at Totally Papercrafts. Making it was the perfect antidote to all the reindeers, Christmas trees and snow! I'm going to send it to my Mum who often needs cheering up.


The black is black sparkle embossing powder. The sparkle doesn't show up in photos (so annoying!) so looks a bit odd, but in real life there is sparkly glitter all around the writing and splodgy black. Here's a slightly better pic...

love those sparkles!




The second card is what I made with the blank I showed in my previous post. I'm really happy with how it turned out - especially as I had a major disaster with this card. I was being impatient and thoughtless, and didn't let the background dry completely before stamping the bird cage and pouring on embossing powder, so when I shook it off... just a huge horrible mess! It took a lot of patience and a very tiny paintbrush to get some sort of birdcage shape back from that mess!


That's all for me today. I've got a work Christmas party tomorrow night and out on Wednesday so I've put all my craft stuff away - otherwise my husband will be tripping over it and cursing me when he gets to work coated in glitter...!

3 comments:

  1. Hi M

    I am sure your first card will certainly cheer you Mum up .. .. I love your sparkly sentiment and those cute little snails (and the heart of course LOL!!).

    Your second card uses beautiful colours. We have all been guilty of needing to get the paint brush out to rectify our images prior to embossing .. .. your birdcage has turned out just great.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi M - thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit.

    I love the birdcage and the glorious background colours, and those cute little snails are adorable. I'm sure your Mum loved it!

    Hope you had a great time at the Christmas party.
    Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 fabulous cards.
    The first one really made me smile - so sweet
    and such a beautiful sunset background in the second.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete