Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Customising a diary

My husband was given this diary free recently, after hiring an employee through First Choice. He gave it to me to play with... and play I did :)

The blank canvas...

 ...and the finished article :)

 I started by cutting a deckled rectangle (I cut a piece of thick card first and then glued a nice patterned paper on top for strength).
 I then painted some chipboard and some foam flowers with mustard seed distress crackle paint and a foam butterfly with fired brick distress paint- new today so happy about having a chance to play! The foam and chipboard flowers both came in huge packs from £1 shops. Once the crackle had dried, I rubbed over with distress inks to bring out the cracks.

I then organised and stuck down with a glue gun on to the piece of card. I also added a few other felt flowers which were also £1 shop goodies which sit in the stash! Onec I was happy with the flowers on the card, I blitzed with spray glue and stuck down.

Here's a close up pic of the crackle paint..lovely stuff! Didn't work quite so well on the foam, as you can see on the butterfly, but still gives a nice finish!

I'm not sure how long it will last in my bag which gets thrown around all over the place, but fingeres crossed it won't fall apart too quickly! It was really fun to make - I don't often make things other than cards so it was something a bit different for me!

Entered into the Secret Crafter Anything Goes challenge.


  1. What a great way to take something plain, but useful, and turn it into something fun and beautiful, and still useful! Great idea.

  2. Fab project!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x