Friday 26 August 2011

Big Shot with Xcut aperture die and Sizzix Originals flowers.

Here's another card for my sister-in-law... not that she appreciates them when there's no money inside ;)

Made with an Xcut aperture die (I think it's called Fireworks - i <3 it!), coloured in the backgrounds below the die cut holes using fluid chalks to give a messy, grungy look and then in the aperture it's a die cut sizzix original (frame and sculpted flower, it's called) which has again been fluid chalked. I also edged the paper to give a border.

The xcut dies also give a lovely deep embossed look, but you can't see it on the paper I've used! Still, you live and learn!


Finished off with a few adhesive gems and some lettering on foam pads for a 3D look.

I love this card. The petals on the flower aren't stuck down so that they have a nice, fresh look, like it's popping out of the paper.

1 comment: