Friday 26 August 2011

Big Shot Ink-It's, embossing folders, sizzix originals..

I love this top card - Very simple and I'm already working on some other similar ones in my head! This one is for my Mum and she likes her cards simple, but I'm racing away with ones with more elements for next time!

Made using the Ink-It's stencil which is just amazing! I was sure it would smudge when I first tried it, but it's fantastic. A bit of careful placing and colouring in with a cats eye stamp pad, and you can't go far wrong.

Finished off with a few sizzix originals butterflies (from their butterflies and circles die), stamped in matching colours. The butterflies are only stuck down with one wing, so they have a nice 3D element to them. Sorry for the crappy photo, there's nowhere good for lighting in my flat, so it's either a weird background or dodgy lighting!


This next one was for a friend's 24th birthday. A Tim Holtz embossing folder, rubbed over with yellow fluid chalk for emphasis of the shapes. Then a few pre-cut flowers (bought in a huge pack for about 30p in a sale), a sizzix originals bird cut out of felt and the leaf cut out of linen type material. Finished with lettering placed on 3d foam pads and a couple of adhesive gems.


Well that's all I'm going to post for now.. I'm sure anyone who has stumbled across this is already bored!

Enjoy your weekends!

1 comment:

  1. Two lovely birthday cards here. I'm sure they'll be treasured. x

    ReplyDelete