Saturday 21 January 2012

Brooch card

This is one card I'm a bit excited about sharing :) because it worked so much better than I thought it would!

I came across some lace offcuts really cheap recently in a whole heap of colours, and I've been flirting with the world of sewing...! I happened across this tutorial on youtube and wanted to give it a go (tho mine aren't so glitzy as hers!)

So I ended up with a couple of flowers like this, in a few different colours, which I stuck brooch backs on to.


I put them on a little piece of card cut form a ticket die and embossed with a pretty paisley with the intention of giving them as gifts


and then decided that i might as well make them a card and gift in one, like so


The ticket is stuck to the card blank with foam pads and then a simple sentiment stamped underneath. Sorry for the shoddy pics - the lighting in my flat is not good!

I'm sending the grey one to my sister in law and the purple one I'm saving until my sister's birthday in April! There's a little note on an insert inside saying "the lace flower on the front of the card is a brooch".

I'm entering this design to the following challenges:
Allsorts - needles and pins
2 sisters challenge - embossing
The Pink Elephant - favourite colours
Totally papercrafts - make your own flowers

Thanks for stopping by :)

13 comments:

  1. Sorry I had to delete my previous comment .. .. it helps if you type the right words with the right letters!! LOL!!! Sorry M

    That is one fabby idea!!!

    A gift and a card in one!

    Not sure which one I would choose .. .I love them all!!

    Hope your weekend is going well.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog .. .. no problem I will share how I did my ribbon with a photo rather than trying to explain.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Lovely gift for someone, they look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of these, fabulous brooches, thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog :) Really like these flowers, they are beautiful and very effective!
    Have added myself as a follower :)
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers and beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us this week at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog.
    Hugs,
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! I'll have to check out that link as well, what a great use of material and double purpose as a gift and card design! What a great color palette to choose for these cards, thank you so much for joining in on our challenge this week at TPE!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Your brooch cards are really inventive - I bet the recipients will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What super brooches and a lovely way to give a card with that little extra.

    Thanks so much for joining us our Needles and Pins theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea incorporating the card and gift in one. Thanks for the lovely message over on my blog. If you have any weddding tips I would love to hear them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so sweet. How fun to have a gift and a card together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful. Love the gorgeous flower arrangement. This is so pretty gift for someone.

    Plastic Card
    Plastic Card Printing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo I love this idea ... going to have a look at the tutorial .. Super gifts ! Thanks for sharing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful brooch cards M. Love the flowers - absolutely gorgeous!
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete